Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rain out and art run

I'd like to say it's been a busy running season for me, but I'm a little sidelined at the moment.
The pain in my right arch has been getting worse, and my chiropractor thinks I've got tendonitis in my foot. The result? I'm supposed to lay off the long-distance running for a while and let it heal.
That's all fine and good, but I leave shortly for the Baltimore Running Festival half marathon!
When I get that one done, and the 10-miler the week after that, I will take a little break.
But weather and circumstance has also helped me cut down mileage.
I was supposed to run the Winship Win the Fight 5K on Oct. 3, but an early morning thunderstorm canceled the race. I just wish I would have known that BEFORE I had my first cup of coffee that morning. No going back to bed after that!
A week later, I ran the Oakhurst Arts Run 5K with my friend Carolyn. We remembered to take a photo after we were done and as we walked to a nearby coffee shop to catch up.
Post-run selfie
Too bad I couldn't keep my finger out of the selfie! Oh well.
The bad part about cutting down on my mileage is I don't feel all that well-trained for Baltimore. The longest run I've done is 6.2 miles. Usually I get at least a 9- to 10-mile run in before the taper. I didn't even taper! No need to when you've never built up big miles!
So I'm not sure how I'll do on this half marathon. I will finish. I just don't know how much pain I'll feel in my foot and if I'll get finished in under three hours.
It can't be helped. I'm injured. Time to cut back and heal, and be ready for 2016's races.

No comments:

Post a Comment