Sunday, April 9, 2017

Winning Women

I love lovely surprises, especially when it comes to running.
My running buddy Angela set up a team for the Atlanta Women's 5K on March 25. Unfortunately for Angela, she couldn't make the team she set up because of a family emergency, but we found a substitute and ran our race at Chastain Park.
This is an Atlanta Track Club event and usually draws some of the ATC elite runners.
The route was slightly changed this year, but ATC still managed to put in some killer hills on this course. It's what I always groan about when I see a 5K hosted at Chastain Park. It will be plenty hilly.
And, no surprise, I brought up the rear in our four-woman team of Carolyn, Susan, Donna and me.
We were pretty certain, given all the elite runners around us, that we had not won an award, so we left the event during the award ceremony for brunch. We should have stuck around. We WON in the competitive masters division!
I've still got to pick up our awards from the ATC office, but I'm excited that we won. A very nice surprise.
The other nice surprise was the free photos for the 5K.
Coming into the finish

Me and Carolyn

Finishing

Peace out!

What's with the face?

Nasty Women!

Finisher's medal

Crossing the finish

Susan, me and Carolyn
Team Nasty Women! turned out to be winning women, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment