Thursday, August 31, 2017

Putting it in park

You can almost feel fall around the corner, especially last Saturday at the Run for the Park 5K in Grant Park.
Still a little humid, but the temperatures weren't too bad. That touch of fall.
I'd never done this race before, and it benefits Grant Park, which is a lovely park where Zoo Atlanta is located. Ran it with my friends Carolyn and Angela. Angela used to live in the Grant Park neighborhood and still lives close enough to walk her dog or run there.
Me, Angela and Carolyn
Angela has been battling a sore leg. I'm still troubled by my right IT band. Nevertheless, we persisted. Carolyn ran a fairly good time, but none of us won in our age group. I think we all hoped a little since it was a smaller community race, but not small enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment