Wednesday, February 21, 2018

I (Heart) Good Running Weather

I thought this morning's Hearts & Soles 5K was going to be another wash out.
The forecast was supposed to be a repeat of the Hot Chocolate 5K.
Although I heard rain overnight, when I woke up it was foggy and drizzly, but not all out rain.
Met my friend Carolyn at a coffee shop where we dropped a car and we were off!
We got to Georgia State's Perimeter College Decatur Campus and there was no rain in sight.
Pre-race photo of Carolyn and me
This is an out and back course and there is a hill on the way back that always kills me. But, I got over it!
I didn't put together a team this year and Angela wasn't here to try to get us into homemade tutus like last year. No matter, I still had fun!
I ran in to my friend Dan at the race, too. He and I did the Denver half together last year and he recently ran the Miami marathon.
Me and Dan
Atlanta Track Club group photo. I'm in there!
You can see it was a little foggy this morning by the above photo.
It was a great race this morning, ending with Carolyn and me back at the coffee shop to get our cars, so we went in for a cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment