Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Not So Hot Chocolate 5K

Well, it is raining cats and dogs here in Georgia this morning, so I am reminded I need to write about the not so Hot Chocolate 5K on Sunday.
What a miserable race! Cold, rainy, windy and hilly. I've run several races in conditions like this, but this year the race organizers just completely fell down.
Poor to no traffic control ahead of the race meant lots of folks not even able to get to the start on time. My friend Kellie and I did, but only because we left so early. Even then, I was worried we wouldn't make it as it took us at least 40 minutes to go half mile to our parking area.
Once at the course, there were no tents or other protection for runners ahead of time. I found a small tent where I stood crammed with other folks, but it was the only one. A little shelter would have been  nice.
At any rate, it poured for the whole race. My feet got wet, I was wet (despite my tried and true rain poncho!) and I left the race saying I'd never run it again.
Kellie was the rock star who ran the 15K.
I've no photos for this one. Just picture two gals who looked a little like drowned rats drinking lukewarm hot chocolate at the end of the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment