Sunday, September 16, 2018

Running the Relay

Earlier this year I joined the Decatur Mom's Run This Town running group and several of us formed teams to do the ATL Relay 20K.
We have five four-woman teams represented this year! It was an early start since I had to take MARTA to get to the race start. Parking was so limited, MARTA was the way to go.
I was on the Mombies team and I ran the first leg, which was supposed to be a 5K, but because I was the first leg, mine was actually slightly longer than the other three legs. I was so happy I ran it around 42 minutes! That's much faster than I have been running 5Ks this year.
My teammates were Leah, Lee and Tanya.
Look how many of us ran the relay!

The Mombies team

All smiles

Leah coming into the finish with the entire DMRTT crew

Finisher's medal

Lindy and Frank finishing
 Frank, Lindy and Liz from the Tucker Running Club were there, too, only those three ran the entire 20K by themselves! No thank you! I caught Lindy and Frank crossing the finish line. I didn't catch  up with Liz until the finish.
Me and Liz
It was a fun morning and race. I may do it again next year. I just will be sure to run leg 2 or 3. Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment