Thursday, October 6, 2011

Float like a firefly

I had great fun over the weekend participating in the Firefly Run 5K in Atlanta.
This race started and finished at Piedmont Park, and it was at night. This is one of my few night runs that I've done. I think this one was by far the most fun.
I ran with my friend Rachel, who was organized enough to get us all kinds of glowing objects to attach to our heads, fingers and necks. The race fee included some LED lights that flashed that we attached to our arms and legs.
Rachel and me before the race
Once the sun began to set, the glowing began.
One of the firefly 5K emblems that glowed
At the starting line, the race started with the song "Fireflies" by Owl City. That was fun. And then it was really great to see this swarm of blinking LED lights running up Piedmont Road (clearly I wasn't in front!! ha!)
Me and Rachel, post-race and aglow

All dressed up for a rave. ha ha
We joked that with all of our glow stuff we looked like we were headed to a rave.
Gals dressed as true fireflies

"Ready for the rave" Rachel

"Lit up" Lisa
I think I'll run this one again next year. The one thing that really glowed after this race was me, and how I felt that evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment