Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Seventh State

I have participated in another 5K in another state.
On Sept. 24 I walked the Komen Race for the Cure in Greenville, S.C., with friends and family.
It was a wonderful, if quick, trip.
I drove up the Friday before and then had dinner with my mother, sister from New York and a family friend.
We were up early Saturday for the walk. It was a bit overcast, but it did not rain, which was wonderful.
The 5K started and finished at Flour Field, where the minor league Greenville Drive play.
I even found a penny as we walked to the starting line! The piggy got fed a South Carolina penny. :)
Leslie, Jody, Mom and Candace

Me and Jody
Doing another 5K in another state was just fun. A new venue allowed me to see a little of a new city. And it was a day of celebration with friends and family. Can't ask for anything better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment