Saturday, October 22, 2011

Run Like Hell

I ran one of my favorite races this morning, the Run Like Hell 5K that starts and finishes in Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta.
Oakland is an historic cemetery and absolutely beautiful. Golfer Bobby Jones is buried there, as is Margaret Mitchell of "Gone With the Wind" fame.
The lion statue dedicated to unknown Confederate soldiers
The race includes a costume contest, and it is fun to see lots of people running in costumes. This was about as dressed up as I was willing to get this morning, since the starting temp was 37 degrees!
Lisa wearing the Ted's Montana Grill bison hat
I'm wearing the Ted's Montana Grill bison hat, which I got at the Ted's Montana Grill Bison Stampede 5K several years ago. Unfortunately, the race is no more, but I love that hat!!
The weather has really changed here in Atlanta this week. Much cooler temps. I could see the change on my running route, too. :)
Getting ready for Halloween
The Run Like Hell 5K is usually the weekend of Halloween, but for some reason it was a week earlier this year. So I don't have a Halloween run this year (well, the Run Like Hell is STILL a Halloween run.)
So I guess I get an "off" weekend next week as far as organized races. But I'll still run like, well, hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment