Saturday, November 10, 2012

Git 'er Dunn

Today's Dunn Run 5K certainly felt like a November morning race. It was 36 degrees at the start.
You wouldn't really know it now. It's gotten up to nearly 70 today. Allowed me to get a little fall yard work done, but I did discover that my daffodils have enjoyed the mild fall and are starting to poke up. Darn it. I hope that doesn't mean I won't have any lovely spring flowers!
The Dunn Run 5K was held in Sandy Springs, Ga. At the start of the race, the race director told runners this was a fairly flat race. I'm not one to call the man a bald-faced liar, but his idea of a "fairly flat race" and my idea of one are completely different.
I ran this race last year, and the course is slightly different to get rid of a really tough hill. So maybe, compared to last year, it WAS fairly flat.
Not a bad race. I found a dime. I haven't found much cash on any race lately, so that was a nice find. My little piggy has been pretty darn thin all summer. Nice that I could feed it today.
So, I ran a 5K and fed the pig today. I got 'er Dunn.

No comments:

Post a Comment