Sunday, November 11, 2012

World Run Day

Got up this morning to participate in World Run Day.
I've been pretty spotty in my running, unless it is a 5K race, so it was good to get out and get some more miles in this morning. It was also a beautiful morning. About 10 degrees warmer than yesterday morning.
And what a surprise find on my neighborhood running route, this little gem!

Little free library
 It is a little free library. The owner has placed a couple dozen books in there, for neighbors to take and enjoy and return (or return with some other book). There was a book in there I am interested in reading, but since I was on a run, I didn't really want to carry it. I'll have to go back with a little backpack. And I've got some books to put in there.
I saw several of these libraries at the silent auction at the recent Decatur Book Festival, but I don't know if this was one of them. There were about a dozen up for auction.
Now I want one!
I think these are a great idea and I hope to enjoy this little library often.
What a satisfying day. I enjoyed a good run, and I found a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment