Friday, January 17, 2014

Rained out

I got rained out of the Frostbite 5K this year.
I got rained out of the Atlanta Women's 5K for the same reason -- monsoon rains, but more importantly, lightning.
I can't say I wasn't disappointed I got rained out. I was to meet my friend Julie to run this race. It's about the one time of year Julie and I run a race together.
We did meet up, all nice and wet.
completely soaked
Even with the rain poncho, I was about as wet as Julie for this one. I had gone back to my car to drop off the race T-shirt, which was handed out before the race, a rarity, and the wind picked up and the rain came sideways. Before long, my legs, feet and shoes were soaking wet. There is just nothing worse than cold wet feet.
Julie, who had brought her dog Brewer, went home to drop him off since the rain was not letting up, and we were lined up to start the race at least once, but every time we tried to start, it would start to lightning and storm again.
Finally, the race directors called it off.
Ironically, later that afternoon, the sun came out and it was very, very pleasant. If only it could have been quasi-pleasant Saturday morning!
So, I've had my first rain out of the year. I hope it is the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment