Sunday, January 26, 2014

Will run for chocolate

I run for a lot of reasons. Today, that reason was chocolate.
This morning the Hot Chocolate 5K & 15K rolled into town. It's a race series held all over the United States. Run the race and get hot chocolate, chocolate fondue and things to dunk in that fondue at the end of the race.
The race has been in Atlanta before, but I'd not run it until this morning. I ran it with friends Kellie, Sasha and Joy, the same friends at the Anything Is Possible 5K. We must love unusual races!
Me, Sasha, Kellie and Joy

Hot Chocolate race start
It wasn't nearly as cold this morning as yesterday. It was about 10 degrees warmer, so still below freezing. The nice part of this race, other than the chocolate at the end, was the really nice running outerwear we got instead of a T-shirt. I wore it this morning and it was warm. I know I will use it a lot.
My race time was about a minute and a half slower today than yesterday's race, and honestly, I'm a bit surprised it was that close today because my legs felt tired. The race started and finished at Turner Field, and I've run a similar course at other races, so I knew it would be hilly. In all, I'm pleased with today's race.
Maybe I'll have another piece of chocolate to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment