Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Let's do the time warp, again!

Like last year, I ran two different races this past weekend.
I ran the Strong Legs Run 10K on Saturday morning, then got up around midnight to run the Anything is Possible 5K.
After I did it last year, I swore I wouldn't do that again, yet there I was Nov. 1, lined up in the cold and stiff wind to run the Strong Legs Run 10K, knowing I'd be back out in the cold and wind about 16 hours later!
This year's Strong Legs Run really was pretty brutal. I called it the running hell trifecta -- hills, cold and wind. I think the wind gusts were up to 40 mph, and just for fun there was a little freezing rain that kept hitting me in the face.
I was very glad those six miles were over! I was about 2 minutes slower than last year, which was a bit disappointing. Oh well! It's done.
Then, just before the time changed to Standard Time here in the United States, I was up in the dark to meet my friends Sasha, Joy, and Kellie, and new friend Amanda, to run that crazy Anything is Possible 5K again.
The race starts at 1:50 a.m., just 10 minutes before the time "falls back" to Standard Time, meaning it suddenly becomes 1 a.m. and you end up finishing the race before you start.
It was still very cold and a bit breezy on this one, too. You can see how bundled up we are!
My crazy friends!

All of us trying to stay warm

We didn't stay too long after the race. We headed back to our homes and our warm beds!
The fun thing about this race, other than I have nutty friends willing to do this one with me, is instead of a T-shirt, we get flannel pajama bottoms instead. Those came in very handy this cold, cold weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment