Saturday, November 8, 2014

Let's go Uptown

This morning's 5K was the Uptown Rhodes Race, starting and ending at Rhodes Hall in Atlanta.
I've run this race before, and I knew it would be pretty hilly, but today's race had near perfect running weather. Cool, but not cold. No wind, and, best of all, my running buddy Erin at my side.
Erin and her husband have been world travelers this year, so I haven't seen her as much this year. Last year we ran many, many races together. So it was great that she was in town and could run this one with me.
Erin and Lisa before the race, in front of Rhodes Hall

At the ornate staircase

Lion's head staircase
Rhodes Hall is really a beautiful building, the former home of Amos G. Rhodes, of Rhodes Furniture fame. The furniture in the house, and even the wood details in the house, are beautiful. I learned today the home was one of the first that was built completely electrified in Atlanta.
Rhodes Hall is now home to The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation.
The course winds through Ansley Park in Atlanta and some of the trees in the neighborhoods were shouting out their fall colors.
Really a lovely day to go Uptown.

No comments:

Post a Comment