Saturday, June 3, 2017

Around the Rock

I found a 5-mile race running around a familiar rock: Stone Mountain.
I ran the FODAC 5 Miler at Stone Mountain Park with my running buddy Carolyn in late May.
To be fair, this race was so disorganized. If I had known how disorganized it was, I probably would not have signed up. For example, they forgot to bring the race numbers. Oops!
But it benefits Friends of Disabled Adults and Children. There were A LOT of inspiring people out on that course, so my initial feelings that this was wholly disorganized was checked fairly quickly.
I am blessed to be able to run those hilly 5 miles at Stone Mountain and I helped those who struggle with mobility. Always good to have a reality check in life!
Runner support!

Carolyn and me
And for May, this race was down right cold. who would have thought I would be digging out gloves and a beanie hat for a race in Atlanta in May???
So, not my best time. I know this is a challenging course. I run it every Sunday as a train for my next half marathon. But it was a great morning and I'm glad to have challenged myself around the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment