Saturday, June 3, 2017

When the bridge is out, find another race!

So, in Atlanta, traffic can  be a bear.
It can especially be traumatic when a fire under an overpass along Interstate 85 causes a bridge to collapse.
That happened on March 30. The unintended consequences of that traffic nightmare was the Komen Race for the Cure in Atlanta, scheduled for May 13, was postponed until June.
So I quickly signed up for the Tucker Road Race on May 13. I never get to run this race, because the Komen race is always the same weekend. This year, I'll get to do both!
But I have to laugh. The road to the Tucker Road Race was not a pleasant one.
I tripped on rough sidewalk on my way to the start and landed on my car keys. I was bruised!
Despite that, I ran the race.
Running along the Tucker Road Race
Again, not my best time. I feel like I'm more and more injured. But it was nice to run a race that was so close to the house that I haven't been able to run in a while.
The race benefits Tucker High School's orchestra and band. What's not to love? The band even played us out to the start!
I might have been "Tuckered" out after the race, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment