Saturday, September 17, 2011

I can outrun the po po

I can out run SOME of the po po, anyway.
This morning I did the Beat the Badge 5K in Tucker. I clocked my fastest 5K so far this year on the very flat race course, pretty much an out and back on LaVista Road.
The day started out a little wobbly. I forgot to set my alarm, and was very thankful that 1) I woke up before 8 a.m. and 2) it was a 9 a.m. race start!
But I could tell I was flustered by the late wake up. I put my contact lenses in the wrong eyes this morning. I kept wondering why I couldn't see clearly as I drove to the race start. A quick switch in the parking lot before the start and I realized my mistake!
The race started and finished near police headquarters, and this is the new 9/11 sculpture that was dedicated about a week ago. I really like it, and there is a piece of the Twin Tower structure at the base of the wing.

New 9/11 sculpture at DeKalb County Police/Fire Headquarters
I found a penny on the race course, and then two pennies later today when I walked to and from the car repair shop. My car will now pass emissions and it will also now stop. :)
That will keep me ahead of the po po, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment