Monday, September 5, 2011

A rainy end to a sizzlin' summer

I ran the Big Peach Sizzler 10K this morning.
I have to say, I was not looking forward to this run. I signed up early, thinking a running buddy was going to sign up too, but she didn't. Then the weather forecast made me regret the race sign-up, too. Tropical Storm Lee was going to make this a wet run.
But, as with many things in life, what I did not look forward to doing, turned out to be fun and rewarding.
First, the rain held off for most of the race. There were occasional drizzles, but not the driving rain I was expecting. I've run a race in driving rain and it is no fun.
Because the sky was overcast and there was rain, the temps were cooler, making this nearly ideal running conditions.
Second, after the finish, I got to talking to a fellow runner and we realized we were about the same pace, so we exchanged phone numbers. I hope to run a race with Cassie soon.
Lastly, I actually did very well on this race. I came in 1:17:42 -- beating my Peachtree Road Race 10K time this year! That made me very happy. I can tell I am regaining some of my speed and strength. That's the most rewarding part of today's race.
Well almost.
I found a penny along the 6 mile route! I found 4 cents earlier in the week when I changed up my running route near my house, so this week the pig got fed.
Here I am at the start. It was early, and overcast, so it's kind of dark.


At the start of the Big Peach Sizzler 10K. It's dark out!
And here I am at the finish!
http://truespeedphoto.com/Races/View_Picture.speed?Picture_ID=490545
All in all, a very good race. I definitely put some sizzle into one of the last runs of the summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment