Friday, September 23, 2011

Dinner and movie

Another entry in the "what I had for lunch" category.
Again, my job allows me to try out some new restaurants and other venues in metro Atlanta, and yesterday I went to the new CinéBistro movie tavern that opens today.
It is an adult only movie theater (no crying babies!) that sells food -- and not just typical movie fare like nachos and hot dogs (although I did see some popcorn, so I know they serve that!)
The theater has an actual chef, Isaac Stewart, on staff and he rolled out a sampling of the menu.
I think I'd go for the full bar alone. There are a few movies I wish I'd seen while drinking. Might have made the movie better.
But I'd also go for the calamari. Maybe just for the presentation. How clever!
Fried calamari
But I also loved the bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with Gorgonzola.
Bacon-wrapped dates
And the lamb lollipops were really yummy with pomegranate glaze.

Lamb lollipops
There is even a crab dip that had actual crab in it.

The Bay crab dip
All of the above are listed on the appetizers menu. For full on yummy, I also sampled off the entree menu, like the Habanero-glazed pork tenderloin, blackened ribeye, salmon, shrimp risotto, and seared free-range chicken.
 Habanero-glazed pork tenderloin
I will say the risotto was undercooked for the media lunch and chef Stewart and I had a conversation about it. I didn't mean to embarrass him, but in my opinion, risotto shouldn't be crunchy. :)
Now, who's up for dinner and a showing of "Moneyball"?

No comments:

Post a Comment