Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What I had for lunch yesterday

I will say that sometimes my job is fun. I mean REALLY fun.
Take yesterday for example. I got to go to a chef's table tasting in metro Atlanta. (I write about restaurants in real life, so I do get invited to these types of events.)
Chef Nick Walker prepared watermelon and toro as our first course.
Watermelon and toro
I would never have thought to pair fatty tuna with watermelon, but it was really good.
Next came chilled sweet corn soup with roasted red pepper flan. I ate it before I thought to take a picture. :(
The third (and main) course was pork, pork and more pork. I think chef Nick likes pork. :)
We had sweet tea braised Berkshire pork belly, parsnip puree, crispy fois gras trotter tot, smoked tomato jam and pork demi glaze.
Pork belly and fois gras trotter tot
The pork belly was so tender you didn't even need a knife to cut it and it just about melted in your mouth.
Just when I thought it could not get better, out comes dessert, chocolate pavé with dark chocolate granache and peanut butter sorbet.
Chocolate pavé with dark chocolate granache and peanut butter sorbet
The peanut butter sorbet was to die for.
It is a wonder I did not slip into a food coma when I got back to my desk at the office.
He sent the guests home with candied bacon strips. They did not last the drive home last night.
So it should come as no surprise that I ran yesterday, and today.
The recent runs have been profitable.
Sunday, on Sept. 11, I actually found 11 cents, a dime and a nickel.
I found a penny yesterday and I found two pennies tonight. Tonight's pennies were nice and shiny, which was good because it is getting darker earlier and they needed to be bright for me to spot both of them tonight.
I'm going to have to keep running this week to work off yesterday's lunch, but it was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment