Monday, January 16, 2012

Let freedom run

For the first time since I've been working for my company, which is nearly 15 years, we have Martin Luther King Jr. Day off.
So what did I do with my day off? Ran a 5K, of course!
It was the inaugural MLK Day 5K -- Let Freedom Run. A balmy 37 degrees at the start. No more warm January weather, I'm afraid.
The course was throughout Atlanta's Buckhead and I can tell you that we runners made a lot of Buckhead drivers unhappy. I don't think all of that car honking was for support. :)
Just so you know, car honkers, that noise doesn't make me run any faster.
I found a penny on this morning's run. I actually spotted three pennies, but I could only safely collect one of them. A female runner next to me got one of them, too. She said she had found a penny a day for the past three weeks. That is a nice, and lucky, little streak!
During the race, there were high school drum lines along the course offering some motivation. I fully intended to take some photos and post them, but my hands were in gloves the whole time and it was too hard to try to get the camera out with gloves on, so no photos.
It was a good, challenging race. The perfect way to spend a day off from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment