Thursday, January 12, 2012

Too warm for frostbite

Ran the Frostbite 5K on Saturday, the second year I've run the race. As I recall, it wasn't that cold last year either, but this year I ran the race in a T-shirt and shorts. I know I didn't do that last year!
I ran the race with my friend Julie.
Julie and Me before the Frostbite 5K
I hadn't seen Julie for several months and it was good to catch up for 3.1 miles.
I also ran into my friend Jennifer.
Me and Jennifer
I even found three cents on the race course, so the piggy, which was completely empty after New Year's Eve, got fed this week.
For anyone who has just started reading this blog, I put all of my "found money" from races or just anywhere, in a little pink piggy bank with the idea to see how much found money I find in a year. I found $4.42 in 2011.
What crazy warm weather we've had. But the weather man says it's all to end this week, so the MLK Day 5K Let Freedom Run on Monday will require my cold weather gear.
Let's just hope Monday's race won't cause frostbite.

No comments:

Post a Comment