Sunday, January 29, 2012

Run like a polar bear

I've run four 5Ks so far this year, and Saturday's Polar Bear Run in Marietta was my fastest time of the year. ;)
I ran this race with my friend Nicole.
Nicole and me at Polar Bear Run
It was chilly for the race, but not horrible. It was sunny. The first year I ran this race, in 2009, it was warm, a balmy 45 degrees, but it rained.
I  hadn't run it since until this year. For metro Atlanta, this race is fairly flat.
I'm having fun plotting out the next few races I'll be running. It looks like March will be pretty busy -- probably a 5K every single weekend, but that will also be the start of the nearly perfect running weather in Atlanta. I don't think I will mind so much that I'll be getting up early every Saturday to go run. At least that's what I tell myself now.
Still, that is the fun of the run for me. And how often can you say you've run like a polar bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment