Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lunatic Ladies

I ran the Atlanta Women's 5K last weekend with some "Lunatic Ladies," and although our team came in second in the grandmaster division, there was no prize this year.
The weather was really nice for the race this year. I've been rained out of this one in year's past. Actually, it was the lightning that canceled it.
It was held at Cheney Stadium near Grant Park. We ran around part of Zoo Atlanta (and thankfully didn't smell the animals!).
There was a good turnout for the race from the Tucker Running Club, so I wore my TRC shirt.
Tucker Runner Club women

Lunatic Ladies
My friends Carolyn, Susan, Donna and Karen and I made up the "Lunatic Ladies" team for the race. An elite Atlanta Track Club grandmasters team won the division -- no fair! But we came in second. Unlike last year, there was no prize for second place. Drat.
Coming in at the finish

Finished!

Donna & Karen
Finisher's medal
The finisher's medals for this race have always been so lovely, although I do sort of miss not getting the Smart Glass Jewelry we used to receive for finishing. I still wear those necklaces. They are some of my favorites.
Again, not my best race. I seem to be getting slower and slower. This does not bode well for the Delaware half marathon next weekend. I'm glad there is a 4-hour limit on that one.
Or maybe I'm just a Lunatic Lady for punishment! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment