Monday, April 30, 2018

Singleton 4 Miler

Remember that twinge I had been feeling in my high hamstring? Well, it finally can be called a pull.
I like to call it a "high hamstring pull" because saying "I broke my ass" doesn't sound nearly as medical. That's what it feels like though. A pull right on my left sits bone.
So the Atlanta Track Club's Singleton 4 Miler was a question mark for the leg injury and the fact I came home from Delaware with what felt like the plague. A head cold and possibly allergies made me feel really crummy. But I got up Saturday and got myself to Thrasher Park in Norcross for the race.
This race used to be held in Tucker, which would have been closer for me. It also used to be a 5 Miler, then a 5K/10K, and this is the first year it was a 4 Miler. It was an OK course, a lot of out and back and doubling back on some roads. But overall it wasn't too bad.
Met up with the Tucker Running Club before the race.
There's one in every crowd. Ha ha!
Maybe I should have worn my Tucker shirt?! :D
I thought I was going to end up walking the whole route, but I managed some very easy jogging. I walked when I felt my leg really twinge. I'll be taking it easy for the next few weeks (a 5K race is on tap in two weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment