Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A dry water drop dash

Last year, the Water Drop Dash 5K included water drops, so I was happy this year the race was dry!
It was a cool morning, but not cold and I got to see the sun rise at the Chattahoochee River, always a pleasant treat.
View from the start line
I won't say this was my fastest 5K. My ribs still  hurt from the fall, but they are getting better every day.
Coming in for the finish!

Almost there!
What I enjoy about this race is it is right at the Chattahoochee Nature Center, so I can go visit the injured birds of prey they have there: the hawks, the bald eagles, the owls. And I get some interesting swag, including water conservation kits, a water hose nozzle, etc. No pint glass this year! I was hoping I'd add to my collection, but sadly, not this year. Still, it is a race I enjoy, water drops or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment