Saturday, July 16, 2011

One fat pig

I have been a little negligent in updating how my piggy bank is being fed. That is one fat pig this week.
It's kind of funny how my "found money" project started out as a lark, but now I find myself scanning the ground as I am running, and I think because I am consciously looking, I am finding more stray coins.
On my Thursday run I found three pennies. Now, mind you, this is the same running route I run at least twice a week. Either I am getting better at finding coins, or people are throwing them out of car windows just to make me happy.
On Friday I found a dime in the grocery store parking lot.
Today's Decatur DeKalb YMCA 4 miler was quite profitable. Three pennies found. Since it was a $10 registration fee, I like to think mine only cost $9.97. :)
The morning was cool for a July day in Atlanta, but humid, and my time was slower than the Magnolia Run 4 miler, but I did invoke the Power of Motown for this race, too.
After the race, I went up to Lake Lanier for YSC Atlanta's Survivor Day. I spent a wonderful afternoon with six other cancer survivors floating around a lake, eating lunch at Sunset Cove on the lake, drinking Caribbean punch at the restaurant and just having a lovely time.

Caribbean Punch at Sunset Cove, Lake Lanier, GA

The recipe

Kicking back on the boat
 And I found four pennies in various parking lots!
When I returned home today, I still had sand in my shoes, lake water in my ears and one fat pig.

No comments:

Post a Comment