Friday, July 29, 2011

News of the weird

In the truth is stranger than fiction category, I gave myself a black eye today.
No, seriously.
My ice maker in my freezer was jammed and I started shaking it. A 1 liter bottle of water, stored on top of the fridge, then fell off and hit me in the face. Not only did it give me a nice shiner, it broke the skin! Blood!
Lisa's shiner
OK, I know this looks like a mug shot. Was I supposed to smile for my shiner photo? LOL
Considering I was fixing myself an adult beverage, I can't help but wonder if this isn't some sort of instant karma -- a bottle of water hits me in the face as I fix a rum & coke after work. :)
But I was so ready for that beverage. It was a very long week at work. I worked 12 to 13 hour days some days, so I didn't get to go out for walks after work. I had to do short 15 minute walks where I could.
And my poor little piggy bank suffered. The last time I found any "found money" was last Sunday when I ran up to Little Creek Horse Farm.
I've lived in my area of Atlanta for nine years and until about four years ago I had no idea there was a 30-acre horse farm near my house! What a beautiful area it is. I love to run down there on Sunday mornings for my long run. I run past the stalls and say hello to the beautiful horses there.
Last Sunday, most of the horses were out in the field, but Sugarfoot had not yet been let out.
Sugarfoot
And believe it or not, I found a penny on my way up the forgotten driveway to the horse farm! So I knew my piggy would be fed last Sunday.
But then came the lean times. No opportunity to run this week meant no opportunity to find coins. My piggy was getting very hungry.
Fortunately, yesterday I found two pennies in a parking garage, and today I found a dime on my way to a lunch appointment. Tonight on my evening walk I found another penny. I am always amazed that I STILL find cash on my well-frequented route.
Isn't that a little weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment