Saturday, July 2, 2011

Feeding the pig

What a fun day I had today, and I even found a penny to feed my pig.
I had lunch today with my friend Liora, who has a really interesting blog Mindful Dough, and we got to talking about a new exercise app that she recommended Nexercise. Fair warning, I've had a LOT of trouble with it running with my favorite running app Runkeeper, but the customer service gal and I may be new best friends. She has really been trying to help resolve my issues.
So after lunch, Liora and I headed over to REI to see if we could "check in" and earn more points with Nexercise. We did not, but then we decided we could earn more Nexercise points if we walked for 15 minutes together.
So there we were walking in a very hot, asphalt parking lot for 15 minutes! Yes, we are crazy. We both agreed that we two would be the only friends who would actually do this. And while we were walking we were talking about found money. I was saying I needed to find something today, because my piggy bank had not been fed since Tuesday. That pig is getting hungry.
Wouldn't you know it, I found a penny! And a bright, shiny new one.
So, the pig has been fed today.
This is turning into a game, almost. If I was brilliant, I would create my own app where when you find "found money" your piggy stays alive. OK, I really need to get a life. But how is that any better or worse than Angry Birds??? LOL
And I have my first real harvest from my garden.
First Romas out of the garden

These little guys all fell off the vine half ripened, so I had to put them on the window sill to ripen, but they have. Need to pick up some turkey bacon tomorrow at the grocery store to enjoy my first BLT of the season. Or maybe I should try the first batch of gazpacho. OMG I love summertime gazpacho!! I have a great recipe. I need to find it and post it.
The other fun part of my day was picking up my race number for Monday's Peachtree Road Race 10K, an annual July 4th tradition in Atlanta.
I'll write more about it on Monday, but I am excited and proud to be running it again this year
But for now, my day is complete. I have exercised, gotten my race number, and fed the pig.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, speak for yourself, crazy mama. You're the one who literally RAN when she saw a penny on the ground. lol I had a lot of fun today. Thanks for thinkin of me with your 2-for-1 coupon.

    ReplyDelete