Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pennies, dimes and quarters from heaven

As I've said before, I'm having fun with my "found money" experiment.
After this past week's haul, I feel like I can at least come close to a cup of coffee.
I found one very lucky penny while I was touring my former Alma Mater, the University of Missouri on Aug. 13.
Then it has been some bigger finds. I found several dimes this past week and Monday I found a quarter.
I did have to leave one dime behind. On the Komen Race for the Cure Greater Kansas City I spotted a dime, but it was embedded in the street's asphalt. That wasn't coming out without a fight.
I will say, the dimes and quarters were NOT found on my usual running route, although I still find an occasional penny.
The silver coins have all come from parking lots or other "outside the norm" walking/running routes.
Still, I consider them feed for the pig. He's getting heavy.
I have a four mile race on Saturday. I will be invoking the "Power of Motown" again. And I'll be on the hunt for some pennies, dimes, nickels and quarters from heaven.

An addendum from this evening: I found a nickel on my running route tonight! So much for not finding silver coins on my well-traveled circuit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment