Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The break up

If you are reading this blog, you could see it coming.
Leo and I have broken up. I gave it a good try. I'd like to say it was a good run. But it really wasn't. In the end, Leo could not satisfy me.
Like any relationship, I started out full of anticipation and hope. I left feeling let down.
I just could not get through "Anna Karenina." I made it more than half way through the book. But what I liked at the beginning of the book -- Leo Tolstoy being very descriptive -- completely bogged me down the further I got in the book.
So it ends.
This lead me to think tonight of some other break ups that have happened in my life.
I had a boyfriend email me at work to break up with me. This after four months of being together. When I eventually saw the "Sex & The City" episode where Carrie's boyfriend breaks up with her via Post-It Note, I could relate.
What I've come to realize is how cowardly that kind of break up is.
I deserve so much better than that.
So, Leo, to your face, I can't go on any more. I'm sorry. It's you. It's not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment