Saturday, August 27, 2011

I can't pronounce it, but I can run it

This morning's race was a new one for me, the Lekotek Run, a 4-mile run through Dunwoody, GA.
I kept calling this race the Lakota Run, but at the race start I heard the announcer pronounce it properly -- Leck-O-Tech.
The Lekotek  Run was hot and hilly. I didn't do too badly with my time. I was faster than the 4 miler I did in July, but slower than the one in June.
The pig didn't do too badly today either. I found a penny and a quarter!
Later this afternoon I went to see the movie "The Help" with a friend. What a wonderful movie. I still want to read the book. If anything, the movie made me want to read the book more.
I saw the movie "The Secret Life of Bees" before I read the book and I wasn't disappointed with that, either.
But I have been disappointed in seeing the movie based on a book I've enjoyed.
If you've read "Eat Pray Love" skip the movie. I was so disappointed after having loved the book.
It's the reason I'll never watch the movie "Cold Mountain." I loved the book so much I was afraid to see the movie.
Oh well, it happens.
After seeing "The Help" I found a penny near a restaurant where I went for lunch, so the pig got a whole 27 cents today. I might actually be able to get a shot of espresso in that coffee after all. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment