Saturday, June 25, 2011

First harvest, fun run, big headache

My friend Liora reminded me today that I likely jinxed myself when I said I was afraid I would run out of blog topics. Days like this one remind me I will never run out of blog topics.
I pulled the first cherry tomato from the garden Friday evening. I have a Roma tomato just about ready, too, but this little guy was ready to come off. He was delicious. :)


Cherry tomato from my garden
This morning was the fifth annual Save Our Skin 5K. My neighbor Christine and my co-worker Joann joined me on the run.

Christine and Lisa

Joann and Lisa
We did very well. I was really pleased with my time today. It was even a little cool this morning because of a bad thunderstorm that came through Friday night.
Which leads me to the big headache portion of this blog.
I came home from the run and needed to mow, but before I could mow, I needed to pick up the tree debris, small branches and twigs that were littering my yard.
It was then I spotted this.

Branch sticking out of my roof from storm Friday night
OH CRAP!
I ran into the house and went up in the attic and sure enough, it was all the way through the roof.

Yep, all the way through the roof. That was some strong wind!
DOUBLE CRAP!
I had heard a loud "bang" Friday night, but because it was so dark and so stormy, all I could see were some small branches and twigs on the ground. I thought a branch had hit the roof and fallen off, harming nothing. Wrong!
In fact, you could not see the limb in the roof from the front of the house. I guess it was good I needed to mow and came around the house from the back.
Thankfully, I found a roofer via the Better Business Bureau website and he came over this afternoon. I've never been so happy in my life to have a man on my roof hammering. The sound of happiness.
My roof is fixed. I'm $400 poorer. Bring on the rain!!
No found money on today's 5K, but I did find a penny on Wednesday on my way out to dinner with a friend, so the piggy got fed this week.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute little tomato! That roof picture is so strange. The "gods" were having a javelin-throwing contest, and your roof got in the middle of it. :)

    ReplyDelete