Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A friendly walk

My last two nights of walking with different friends has been profitable in a couple of ways.
Monday night's walk with neighbor Christine was instead of our usual run. We had both just eaten dinner and felt too heavy to run.
I found a penny, too!
Tonight's walk was with my long-time friend Beth, who is visiting from Florida.

Beth and Lisa
I've known Beth for 25 years. Hard to believe it has been that long! We even went to Italy together for 10 days several years ago. For both of us, it was the first time in Europe and Italy. I've been back three more times to Italy, but Beth has a husband and a son and she hasn't had an opportunity (yet) to return.
That was a great adventure. Rome, Florence, Venice and a half day in Pisa. We kept joking that the farther north we went on our trip, the smaller the bathrooms got. By the time we were in Venice, the shower was about the size of a postage stamp.
We were talking tonight about that trip, and about how much we loved gelato. We got our first taste of it in Rome, in a gelateria right by Trevi Fountain. I can still picture the shop, and I've been back to it each time I've been back in Rome. Now when I go to Italy, I make every effort to eat my weight in gelato while I'm there. Just can't find anything similar in the States.
Tonight I found three pennies! Closer yet to that mocha latte or espresso or whatever year-end reward.
So here is to rewarding friendships. They are always profitable.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lovely trip. I can't remember which country it was (might have been Italy) that had coin bank things on the stalls in the restroom. Don't have the cash and you're outta luck, I guess.

    ReplyDelete